Classification issues will generally fall into one of several types of reviews. Below is a brief explanation of each review.
- Vacant position – common position, generally does not require in-depth review and analysis.
- Upgrading a position
- Unique vacant position
- Small reorganizations
Occupational Study Review - (used for system maintenance)
- For reviewing an entire classification family, or a large agency reorganization.
- These studies will ensure that classifications in occupational groups remain accurate.
- Priority will be based upon needs identified by the agencies as well as families identified by HRD as critical issues.
- HRD will work collaboratively with agencies to identify any issues in the areas of:
- Classification (appropriate level and /or class family and FLSA status).
- MQ's (relevant certifications, etc.) and class specifications.
- Recruitment, selection or training.