Do I qualify?
All current Position Vacancy Announcements are posted online at http://statejobs.state.wy.us
After applying for a position with the State of Wyoming, applications are instantly viewable to the respective hiring agency. Personal contact information is not available to the agency at that time to insure every application is reviewed by content rather than name. Agencies review the applications and determine whether or not an applicant may be a potential candidate. Agencies may screen applications based on the additional information that they place in the “Preferences” section of the respective recruitment. Agencies select the candidates they would like to interview and make a request of the central HRD office, Administration and Information (A & I).
Administration & Information, Human Resources Division, screens Agency requested applications to determine whether or not the selected applications meet the minimum qualifications (MQ’s) for the class code for that particular vacancy. On each Position Vacancy Announcement, there is a link to the class specification which states the minimum qualifications for the advertised class code.
Your application is screened by the A&I Human Resources Division to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications. The minimum qualifications are posted on each Position Vacancy Announcement. To view the class specifications and identify the minimum qualification by position click here.
- Upon determination that an applicant meets the minimum qualifications, all contact information in an application is viewable to the hiring agency.
- In the “View Jobs You Have Applied For” section of State Jobs, applicants will see “Qualified” for a specific position.
- The hiring agency is responsible for contacting applicants, interviewing and making hiring decisions.
- Some positions require agency administered testing as part of the selection process. If necessary, applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency to schedule the test.
- The A&I Human Resources Division will notify applicants by email or mail that the applicant did NOT qualify for the job for which they applied.
- In the “View Jobs You Have Applied For” section of State Jobs, applicants will see “Not Qualified” for a specific position.
- If applicants have reason to believe this determination was made in error, questions may be directed to the A&I Human Resources Division.
Questions about Hiring & Selection Process:
Specific questions regarding the agency hiring process and when the position might be filled should be directed to the hiring agency. A listing of state agencies is available at: http://wyoming.gov/government.asp
Questions or Problems:
State of Wyoming
A&I Human Resources Division
2001 Capitol Avenue
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0060
Telephone: (307) 777-7188
FAX: (307) 777-6562
If you write, please state your quehttp://statejobs.state.wy.usstions, problems or requests clearly and be sure to include a return address.